US: The Coca-Cola Co makes sustainability chief appointment
Beatriz Perez will become chief sustainability officer for The Coca-Cola Co
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed Beatriz Perez to the newly-created role of chief sustainability officer.
Perez, currently chief marketing officer for Coca-Cola North America, will take up the role on 1 July, the company said yesterday (19 May). As chief sustainability officer, Perez will integrate Coca-Cola's sustainability initiatives through a newly-formed global office of sustainability.
She will report to Coca-Cola's executive VP and chief administrative officer, Alex Cummings.
"We have made significant progress with our sustainability initiatives, but our current approach needs focus and better integration to further accelerate our system sustainability agenda and meet our 2020 Vision goals," said Coca-Cola's chairman and CEO, Muhtar Kent. "We are realigning this important work to create a unified team, strategy and business plan that connects our sustainability work and actions."
Perez will oversee a team made up of VP of corporate responsibility John Reid, global director of women's empowerment Charlotte Oades, VP of sustainability, strategy and communication Abby Rodgers, VP of environment and water Jeff Seabright, and group director of corporate external affairs Lisa Manley.
As the Children's Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative celebrates its fifth anniversary, Ben Cooper looks at how improved self-regulation appears to have prevented the imposition of US government ...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research