US: The Coca-Cola Co lines up distribution facility closure
The Coca-Cola Co's distribution centre in Richmond will close at the end of the month
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed that it is to close one of its distribution and sales centre in the US.
The facility, located in Richmond, Eastern Indiana, will cease operations at the end of the month, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (9 June), in a bid to "maximise efficiencies". Around 40 jobs will be lost as a result of the closure.
The spokesperson told just-drinks: "The Richmond facility is a small distribution centre and we are looking to maximise our efficiencies so we are reallocating the business to other distribution centres that surround this. It is a small facility and, given the pricing environment that we are experiencing and the high cost of commodities, we re-evaluated the facility."
The business from the plant will be distributed between five other centres located in Indiana.
The spokesperson said that the 40 staff members "will be impacted in some way" but added that they will have an opportunity to apply for positions at the other facilities.
Bisleri International is to open a chain of retail outlets across India for its bottled water products, in a bid to push back rival brands, according to a report....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director