SPAIN: The Coca-Cola Co launches caffeine-free Coke Zero
Coke Zero caffeine-free launches in Spain
Caffeine-free Coke Zero will be sold 330ml PET in both restaurants and supermarkets. The company would not provide sales forecasts to just-drinks when contacted this week.
The move is the fourth drinks launch from Coca-Cola in Spain this year. The US soft drinks giant has already launched Minute Maid Todo Naranja [all orange], Burn Shot and the new Aquarius Libre sports drink.
Coca-Cola has been working to introduce low-sugar and caffeine-free products to cater to increasingly health-conscious consumers in Spain.
"This is one more bet they are making to expand the Coke Zero franchise which has been very successful here," said a company insider, who did not wish to be named. According to Nielsen, caffeine-free Coke and caffeine-free Diet Coke account for 70% of the caffeine-free soft drinks market in Spain.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads