US: The Coca-Cola Co. hires global marketing chief
The Coca-Cola Co. has appointed a new chief marketing and commercial officer.
The company said today (30 July) that it has hired Joseph Tripodi to fill a new role working with the company's global marketing and commercial organisations and overseeing all aspects of marketing and commercial leadership.
Tripodi previously worked for Allstate Insurance for the past four years in the position of senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
The Coca-Cola Co president and chief operating officer Muhtar Kent said: "Joe brings 25 years of diverse global marketing and business experience and leadership to The Coca-Cola Co., much of it spent working for some well-known consumer brands in regions all over the world. In his new role, he will help us integrate two important functions - marketing and commercial leadership - that, once aligned, can help move the business the quickest and furthest. We believe that enhancing the focus of our global marketing team and processes on our customers - who are the direct pipeline to consumers, all the way to point of purchase - will strengthen our entire business."
Tripodi has also worked for The Bank of New York, Seagram Spirits & Wine, MasterCard International, Mobil Oil Corporation.
Tripodi added: "It's a great honour for me to partner with such a strong and creative management team and to help contribute to future growth through successful alignment of the marketing and commercial leadership functions."
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with alternative transport company ZAP to distribute its beverages across Montevideo, Uruguay....
Britvic has appointed EMAP's chief marketing officer as its marketing director....
The Coca-Cola Co. has renewed its beverage agreement with Church's Chicken in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to buy a stake in recently renamed Coca-Cola Beverage Co. in South Korea, according to a recent filing....
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
The Coca-Cola Co. is looking to invest in US-based soft drinks company Honest Tea, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report