INDIA: The Coca-Cola Co eyes 2020 goal with appointments
Coca-Cola India opened a new plant last week
The Coca-Cola's India unit has appointed two operations heads as it seeks to become Coca-Cola's fifth-largest market by 2020.
Sumanta Datta will take over as VP for company bottling operations, while Bhupendra Suri has been appointed VP for franchise bottling operations, Coca-Cola India said last week. The two men will replace operations VP Vikas Chawla, who is leaving for Greece to take over as franchise operations head in South East Europe.
Datta has been with Coca-Cola since 1995 and is currently VP for customer and commercial leadership. Suri has been with the company for 17 years and is director for franchise operations.
Last year, Coca-Cola said it will invest US$5bn in India by 2020 to help continue strong momentum in the market. The country has produced annual double-digit volume growth in the past six years.
Last week, Coca-Cola international president Ahmet Bozer said India “has the potential to become one of the top five markets” for Coca-Cola Co by 2020. Bozer was speaking after he inaugurated India's 57th manufacturing plant, in Uttar Pradesh. The plant, commissioned by Coca-Cola bottler Moon Beverages, cost $21.5m and is the first in the country with a combi-block line that can produce juice as well as water, tea and sports drinks, Coca-Cola said last week.
In other executive changes, Andriy Avramenko - currently VP for juice - will take over as VP for strategy and still beverages. Avramenko will replace Debabrata Mukherjee, who will become VP for marketing and commercial.
All appointments are effective from 1 October, Coca-Cola India said.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
Cía Servicios de Bebidas Refrescantes, the local bottler of The Coca-Cola Co, has overcome difficulties derived from the economic recession to resist the constant pressure from private label, in most ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review