ASIA: The Coca-Cola Co combines China, India post
Coca-Cola wants to focus on China
The Coca-Cola Co's India & south-west Asia head is to also assume control of the company's Greater China & Korea (GC&K) region.
Atul Singh will take over the two key markets on 1 July, Coca-Cola international president Ahmet Bozer said in a memo earlier today (19 June). Singh, who becomes deputy president of Coca-Cola's Pacific group, will report to Bozer.
“Atul’s track record of success in this region, particularly his leadership of India and China, makes him well-qualified for this new role,” Bozer said. “Given the enormous growth opportunities in China, and the uniquely competitive beverage landscape, an even stronger operational focus is required to lead our business system there.”
Singh was previously president of Coca-Cola's East Central & South China division, and was responsible for customer relationships for Greater China.
Current GC&K business unit president David Brooks will become GC&K chairman, while Venkatesh Kini, currently senior VP of the India region, will be appointed deputy president of the India & south-west Asia business unit.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research