ASIA: The Coca-Cola Co combines China, India post
Coca-Cola wants to focus on China
The Coca-Cola Co's India & south-west Asia head is to also assume control of the company's Greater China & Korea (GC&K) region.
Atul Singh will take over the two key markets on 1 July, Coca-Cola international president Ahmet Bozer said in a memo earlier today (19 June). Singh, who becomes deputy president of Coca-Cola's Pacific group, will report to Bozer.
“Atul’s track record of success in this region, particularly his leadership of India and China, makes him well-qualified for this new role,” Bozer said. “Given the enormous growth opportunities in China, and the uniquely competitive beverage landscape, an even stronger operational focus is required to lead our business system there.”
Singh was previously president of Coca-Cola's East Central & South China division, and was responsible for customer relationships for Greater China.
Current GC&K business unit president David Brooks will become GC&K chairman, while Venkatesh Kini, currently senior VP of the India region, will be appointed deputy president of the India & south-west Asia business unit.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review