ASIA: The Coca-Cola Co combines China, India post
Coca-Cola wants to focus on China
The Coca-Cola Co's India & south-west Asia head is to also assume control of the company's Greater China & Korea (GC&K) region.
Atul Singh will take over the two key markets on 1 July, Coca-Cola international president Ahmet Bozer said in a memo earlier today (19 June). Singh, who becomes deputy president of Coca-Cola's Pacific group, will report to Bozer.
“Atul’s track record of success in this region, particularly his leadership of India and China, makes him well-qualified for this new role,” Bozer said. “Given the enormous growth opportunities in China, and the uniquely competitive beverage landscape, an even stronger operational focus is required to lead our business system there.”
Singh was previously president of Coca-Cola's East Central & South China division, and was responsible for customer relationships for Greater China.
Current GC&K business unit president David Brooks will become GC&K chairman, while Venkatesh Kini, currently senior VP of the India region, will be appointed deputy president of the India & south-west Asia business unit.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
The analysts in this report forecast the Energy Drink market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 12.9 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the inc...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer