ASIA: The Coca-Cola Co combines China, India post
Coca-Cola wants to focus on China
The Coca-Cola Co's India & south-west Asia head is to also assume control of the company's Greater China & Korea (GC&K) region.
Atul Singh will take over the two key markets on 1 July, Coca-Cola international president Ahmet Bozer said in a memo earlier today (19 June). Singh, who becomes deputy president of Coca-Cola's Pacific group, will report to Bozer.
“Atul’s track record of success in this region, particularly his leadership of India and China, makes him well-qualified for this new role,” Bozer said. “Given the enormous growth opportunities in China, and the uniquely competitive beverage landscape, an even stronger operational focus is required to lead our business system there.”
Singh was previously president of Coca-Cola's East Central & South China division, and was responsible for customer relationships for Greater China.
Current GC&K business unit president David Brooks will become GC&K chairman, while Venkatesh Kini, currently senior VP of the India region, will be appointed deputy president of the India & south-west Asia business unit.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research