US: The Coca-Cola Co appoints McDonald’s division boss, raises dividend
The board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company have approved the company's 47th consecutive annual dividend increase, raising the quarterly dividend approximately 8% from 38 cents to 41 cents per common share.
This is equivalent to an annual dividend of $1.64 per share, up from $1.52 per share in 2008. The dividend is payable 1 April 2009, to shareowners of record as of 15 March 2009.
"The increase reflects the board's confidence in the company's long-term cash flow," the company said.
The board also elected Javier Goizueta as vice president of the company. Earlier this month, he was named president of Coca-Cola's McDonald's division.
In this role, he will be responsible for building and strengthening the company's strategic alliance with McDonald's in 118 countries and over 31,000 restaurants. Goizueta succeeds Jerry Wilson, who was recently named the company's chief customer and commercial officer.
Since joining the company in 2001, Goizueta has served as vice president, USA within The McDonald's Division, vice president, Global Still Beverages Operations and Commercialisation, and vice president, Global New Business Models.
Innovation is a much banded-about word in the world of soft drinks. And nobody likes to bang on more about innovation than The Coca-Cola Co. The company's global strength and leading status stems from...
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
There is no connection between The Coca-Cola Co or its affiliated bottlers and the deaths and alleged torture of trade union leaders in Colombia, a US court has ruled....
Both Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo have claimed victory following a court ruling against PepsiCo's Gatorade brand in an advertising dispute between the two soft drinks rivals....
Hansen Natural has hailed promising international growth for its Monster Energy drinks brand, which has again driven company growth in the first half of 2009....
Huiyuan Juice Group, China's largest juice firm, has warned that profits for the first half of 2009 are likely to fall significantly....
Coca-Cola Consolidated Co has reported a drop in sales for the first half of 2009, but saw net profits almost double for the period....
Hansen Natural, owner of the Monster Energy brand, has reported a 25% rise in net profits for the first half of 2009....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends