UK: The Cellaret acquires Wine Portfolio
London-based wine merchant The Cellaret has acquired import and wholesaling business Wine Portfolio.
Wine Portfolio, which provides for wine bars and restaurants in England, will continue to operate under the Wine Portfolio name.
Former Wine Portfolio managing director Jeremy Randall has become the combined company non-executive director following the acquisition.
The Cellaret spokesperson Ray Dutton said: "The two companies are a perfect match, with virtually no overlap at all. In this instance, the whole really is greater than the sum of the parts. Our clients will be seeing significant tangible benefits from day one and we're looking to the future with firm aspirations to extend our range of premium boutique wines and develop the agency side of the business."
The Cellaret develops fine wine sales using e-commerce marketing strategies, and also has independent off-trade and select on-trade clients.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research