Product Launch - US: The Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams 2013 Utopias
Click through to view Samuel Adams 2013 Utopias
The Boston Beer Co's Samuel Adams 2013 Utopias
Category - Beer, barrel-aged, 28% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, “at selected speciality beer and liquor stores”
Price - SRP of US$199 per 24oz bottle
The Boston Beer Co has released the latest batch of its high-abv barrel-aged beer, Samuel Adams Utopias.
The 2013 iteration has been blended with Samuel Adams Kosmic Mother Funk (KMF), a Belgian-style ale barrel-aged for at least nine months in Hungarian oak tuns. A portion of the beer has also been aged in Bourbon casks from the Buffalo Trace Distillery.
Boston Beer founder & CEO Jim Koch said: “The KMF brings a whole new spectrum of flavours and complexity to the beer, including brighter fruit notes like cherries and plums and just a little earthiness.”
Only 15,000 bottles will go on sale.
When Ken Grossman co-founded Sierra Nevada Brewing Co 35 years ago, he had little expectation of the huge success the company would achieve. Today, it is the second largest craft brewer in the US, beh...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In 2013 and the coming years, the company is expected to continue its focus on developing new beers for its flagship Samuel Adams brand, alongside continued innovation of Twisted Tea (available in all...
Beer manufacturers have largely ignored the US cider/perry category as sales have historically been less than a fraction of a percentage of those of beer. However, the contraction of the US beer categ...
Earlier today (31 March), US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest craft brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research