UK: The Black Grouse launches in the UK
The Famous Grouse is launching its Swedish best seller The Black Grouse in the UK from June, the company said today (28 May).
The whisky is designed to attract "blended Scotch drinkers looking for a dram with a more challenging taste," and marries the "smoothness" of The Famous Grouse with the "aromatic peatiness" of an Islay Malt.
The Black Grouse will have a RRP of GBP15.49 and in partnership with the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), GBP0.50 from every bottle sold is being donated to a conservation campaign to save black grouse across the UK.
"The launch of The Black Grouse in the UK not only marks an exciting brand extension for the Famous Grouse, but thanks to our partnership with the RSPB we are helping to stem the decline of its feathered namesake, the black grouse," said Lee Walker, Maxxium UK's brand manager for The Black Grouse.
The Black Grouse's partnership with the RSPB is offering consumers a way of "securing the future of this iconic bird," the company said.
Vijay Mallya, owner of the UB Group, sits astride an enormous business empire which includes some of the largest drinks operations in one of the world's most exciting emerging markets. In the second p...
Diageo has re-iterated its confidence that the group's Reserve collection of super premium spirits brands will stand firm against a global economic downturn....
Pernod Ricard Thailand has signed a sponsorship deal for its 100 Pipers Scotch whisky brand in the country....
The European Parliament has amended incoming European Union (EU) duty-free legislation so air passengers making transfer flights within the EU ahead of a final flight to a non-EU airport can buy duty-...
Burn Stewart has released the first global travel retail exclusive from its Bunnahabhain Scotch whisky portfolio....
Germany-based liqueur producer and distributor Berentzen Gruppe has appointed Admiral Imports as its US importer with effect from January....
The chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association has called for a more rational tax structure in India, attacking the country for its "Byzantine" state tax systems....
Glenfiddich, distributed by First Drinks Brands, is investing in a GBP1m (US$1.5m) UK marketing campaign in a bid to boost Christmas sales....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends