UK: The Balvenie to get pre-Christmas push in UK
William Grant & Sons has launched a UK marketing campaign for its single malt Scotch The Balvenie in the run-up to Christmas.
The family-owned distiller said yesterday (24 September) that the activity, which involves brand partnerships, sponsorship, tasting sessions and whisky masterclasses, begins this month in an effort to raise the brand profile and awareness in the country.
The Balvenie at First Drinks Brands senior brand manager Geraldine Roche said: "The Balvenie has always valued and maintained a high standard of craftsmanship. Our partners identify with these values where traditional skills have been retained to achieve the highest skills and quality in their field."
The Balvenie partners include Savile Row tailor Gieves & Hawkes, where customers will be poured a dram at bespoke fittings and Geo F Trumper barbers, where customers will be able to drink The Balvenie whilst receiving a hot shave, the company said.
Whisky masterclasses will be hosted by The Balvenie global ambassador, David Mair, at various National Trust events around the UK. In October, The Balvenie will be served as the official whisky of the Alfred Dunhill Links Pro-Am Golf Championship at Carnoustie Golf Course. Tasting sessions will also be held at private members clubs in London and at yacht clubs on the south coast over the coming months, the company added.
Geographic appellations have existed in the wine world for centuries. In the spirits sector, however, the appellation has been much more sparingly used. But geographical definition is at the core of S...
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Diageo has hailed the repositioning of J&B for improving the Scotch whisky brand's performance....
William Grant & Sons has launched a marketing campaign and packaging update for its Three Barrels Rare Old French Brandy in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Harviestoun Brewery has lined up the launch of its line of beers aged in Scotch whisky casks for the UK....
Inver House Distillers has announced plans to launch a limited edition bottling of its 40-year-old Hankey Bannister blended Scotch whisky timed to coincide with its 250th anniversary....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a sizeable investment for a packaging revamp of its flagship Grant's Scotch whisky brand....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report