UK: Thatchers to release bag-in-box cider
Click through to view Thatchers' bag-in-box Heritage cider
Thatchers Cider is to release its Heritage brand in a 3-litre bag-in-box next month to target the UK's stay-at-home market.
The new format will allow drinkers to sample the cider at home, as it was previously only available in the on-trade, the Somerset company said yesterday (21 August). The boxes will be available nation-wide.
“By introducing Heritage into a 3-litre bag-in-box, we hope that many more people throughout the UK will be able to enjoy the taste of traditional draught Somerset cider in the comfort of their own home,” said the company's MD Martin Thatcher.
Thatchers Heritage is unfiltered and has a 4.9% abv.
Earlier this month, Thatchers unveiled a multi-pack for its Gold brand.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends