UK: Thatchers to release bag-in-box cider
Click through to view Thatchers' bag-in-box Heritage cider
Thatchers Cider is to release its Heritage brand in a 3-litre bag-in-box next month to target the UK's stay-at-home market.
The new format will allow drinkers to sample the cider at home, as it was previously only available in the on-trade, the Somerset company said yesterday (21 August). The boxes will be available nation-wide.
“By introducing Heritage into a 3-litre bag-in-box, we hope that many more people throughout the UK will be able to enjoy the taste of traditional draught Somerset cider in the comfort of their own home,” said the company's MD Martin Thatcher.
Thatchers Heritage is unfiltered and has a 4.9% abv.
Earlier this month, Thatchers unveiled a multi-pack for its Gold brand.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts