UK: Thatchers reveals GBP6.5m portfolio push - video
UK cidermaker Thatchers has revealed details of a new GBP6.5m (US$10.9m) marketing campaign, including a national TV advert.
The spot, which began to appear this month and runs until September, explains how cidermaking began on the Thatchers family farm in Somerset. The ad will run during a number of high-profile sporting events this summer, including the FIFA World Cup and FA Cup; rugby’s Heineken Cup and Premiership Final; the F1 British Grand Prix, and international cricket.
Thatchers said the aim of the campaign is to position its portfolio of ciders, including flagship brand Thatchers Gold, as the “first choice” for the UK's “craft cider lovers”.
Martin Thatcher, the company's MD, said: “The ad goes back to the roots of our company, and reflects the heritage and traditions of cidermaking in Somerset in a way that really supports the brand values of today.”
The campaign will also feature billboard advertising in May and July, plus trade advertising and point-of-sale material for the on- and off-trade.
Thatchers has also signed a three-year deal to sponsor music and arts festival Glastonbury, the company announced earlier this week.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review