UK: Thatchers Cider in Old Rascal re-launch
Thatchers Cider is re-launching its Old Rascal, one of the brewer's original ciders, in the UK.
New packaging and point of sale material for Old Rascal tells the story of the "Rascal fox" and will be available in a two-litre PET. Both the 500ml and two-litre sizes will be available in six-packs.
"Old Rascal is a fine bittersweet cider, produced from some of Somerset's best cider apples, Dabinett and Redstreak," said Martin Thatcher MD. "Aged in our oak vats, Old Rascal is made from a traditional Thatchers recipe. Its popularity as a session cider is combined with all the hallmarks of a distinctive Thatchers product full of flavour and a West Country apple bite."
Thatchers introduced a new, "fridge friendly" 500ml glass bottle earlier this year, offering a 21% reduction in weight.
"Old Rascal has always appealed to older, more traditional drinkers. With cider now attracting a much wider audience, we feel it's time to introduce the Old Rascal to them too," added Thatcher.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Concern over environmental impacts and the need for functionality have precipitated many notable packaging innovations in the soft drinks arena. Simon Maddrell of Euromonitor International takes a loo...
Coca-Cola North America has added Red Tea Pomegranate Passion Fruit to its line of Nestea ready-to-drink iced teas....
Boisset Family Estates is to export its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau to the US in plastic bottles....
A global economic downturn and soaring raw materials costs have forced beverage companies to reduce the amount of material used in their packaging, a new report says....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video