UK: Thandi launches wines in pouches
Thandi is to add a 1.5-litre pouch to its South African Fairtrade wine portfolio in the UK, as part of an environmental push.
The pouch will be launched in the off-trade during Fairtrade fortnight in the UK, starting 23 February, Thandi said today (4 February).
The company claimed that the pouch would have a carbon footprint 80% lighter than two 750ml wine bottles, taking into account all production and transport.
"Its compact size and lightweight packaging mean that a greater number of pouches can be transported in one shipment compared to glass, saving on average one in three ships in ocean delivery," the company said.
The wines will initially be available in Sauvignon Semillon and Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot varieties with a recommended retail price of GBP10.49 (US$15).
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report