THAILAND: ThaiNamthip signs JV to open Coca-Cola Co bottling plant in Laos - report
The Vientiane plant will distribute Coca-Cola products
Coca-Cola Co Thai bottler ThaiNamthip has formed a JV with a Laos construction company and will open a bottling and distribution plant in the Laotian capital.
The Lao Coca-Cola Bottling Co has US$40m in funds for the first five years and will increase Coca-Cola's footprint in Laos, the company said yesterday (29 November). As part of the deal, Lao Coca-Cola Bottling Co has started distribution in Laos with Coca-Cola products supplied by ThaiNamthip’s plants in Thailand, it said.
ThaiNamthip will own 70% of the new venture and partner PT Construction Co will own 30%, the company said. The planned bottling facility in Vientiane, which will make Coca-Cola products including brand Coca-Cola, Fanta and Sprite, will open in 2014 and employ about 70 people.
Last month, the World Trade Organisation accepted Laos' application to join and the country is expected to become a member early next year.
Coca-Cola is increasing its presence in other Asian regions. In June, the company announced a return to Myanmar following the lifting of US sanctions.
Soft drinks are becoming a target for health campaigners in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are. Increased taxes are now a real threat. But, as Richard Corbett argues, if producers move swiftly th...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research