THAILAND: Thailand could be top market for Scotch
Thailand has been chosen as the marketing centre in Southeast Asia for Douglas Laing & Co, Scotland and is expected to become one of its five largest markets.Managing director at Douglas Laing, the distiller of John Player Scotch whisky said: "We chose Thailand as a springboard to develop our brand in the region because of the country's location and its position as the country with the highest consumption of Scotch in Asia."Japan, Taiwan, Venezuela, Uruguay and Paraguay are currently the five largest markets for Douglas Laing, which has three brands of whisky. Thailand is likely to be a top market within the next two or three years, said Laing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'