THAILAND: Thailand could be top market for Scotch
Thailand has been chosen as the marketing centre in Southeast Asia for Douglas Laing & Co, Scotland and is expected to become one of its five largest markets.Managing director at Douglas Laing, the distiller of John Player Scotch whisky said: "We chose Thailand as a springboard to develop our brand in the region because of the country's location and its position as the country with the highest consumption of Scotch in Asia."Japan, Taiwan, Venezuela, Uruguay and Paraguay are currently the five largest markets for Douglas Laing, which has three brands of whisky. Thailand is likely to be a top market within the next two or three years, said Laing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research