THAILAND: Thailand could be top market for Scotch
Thailand has been chosen as the marketing centre in Southeast Asia for Douglas Laing & Co, Scotland and is expected to become one of its five largest markets.Managing director at Douglas Laing, the distiller of John Player Scotch whisky said: "We chose Thailand as a springboard to develop our brand in the region because of the country's location and its position as the country with the highest consumption of Scotch in Asia."Japan, Taiwan, Venezuela, Uruguay and Paraguay are currently the five largest markets for Douglas Laing, which has three brands of whisky. Thailand is likely to be a top market within the next two or three years, said Laing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea