SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC takes controlling stake in Fraser & Neave
TCC has taken a controlling stake in Singapore conglomerate F&N
TCC Assets has gained a controlling stake in Fraser & Neave (F&N) after acquiring more shares in the group.
The ThaiBev-controlled company said yesterday (30 January) that it has acquired an extra 8.6m shares at SGD9.55 per share, meaning it now owns a 50.92% stake in the Singapore conglomerate. TCC's bid for the remaining shares has been declared “unconditional in all respects”, it said.
Meanwhile, F&N shareholders now have until 18 February to tender their shares after the offer deadline was extended.
Earlier this week, F&N board of director said they will step down once the TCC takeover is complete.
TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, previously fought off a challenge for F&N from Singapore property firm Overseas Union Enterprise after a long-running bidding war.
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research