SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC takes controlling stake in Fraser & Neave
TCC has taken a controlling stake in Singapore conglomerate F&N
TCC Assets has gained a controlling stake in Fraser & Neave (F&N) after acquiring more shares in the group.
The ThaiBev-controlled company said yesterday (30 January) that it has acquired an extra 8.6m shares at SGD9.55 per share, meaning it now owns a 50.92% stake in the Singapore conglomerate. TCC's bid for the remaining shares has been declared “unconditional in all respects”, it said.
Meanwhile, F&N shareholders now have until 18 February to tender their shares after the offer deadline was extended.
Earlier this week, F&N board of director said they will step down once the TCC takeover is complete.
TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, previously fought off a challenge for F&N from Singapore property firm Overseas Union Enterprise after a long-running bidding war.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015