SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC gives Fraser & Neave another week over offer
The battle over F&N continues
TCC Assets, the ThaiBev-controlled vehicle, has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave by another week.
It is the fourth time TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, has lengthened the deadline for its SGD8.88-per-share bid, totalling SGD9bn (US$7.36bn), for the Singapore conglomerate. The new deadline for the mandatory conditional cash offer, confirmed by TCC today (2 January) is Thursday next week (10 January).
Sirivadhanabhakdi, who holds a 35% stake in F&N, is facing a battle with Singapore-based property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the group. In November, OUE submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N, topping TCC's bid. The deadline for the OUE bid is tomorrow (3 January).
If the OUE bid is successful, Kirin Holdings has agreed to acquire F&N's food & beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research