SINGAPORE: ThaiBev's TCC extends Fraser & Neave deadline but sticks with price
The battle for F&N has taken another twist
ThaiBev-controlled TCC Assets has extended its offer deadline for Fraser & Neave for a second time, but not raised its bid despite a rival's higher tender.
British Virgin Islands-registered TCC, owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, announced today (22 November) that F&N now has a deadline of 11 December for its SGD8.88-per-share offer, totalling SGD9bn (US$7.36bn). It announced a previous extension earlier this month, but the deadline was today.
Through TCC Assets and Chang brewer ThaiBev, Sirivadhanabhakdi holds a 35% stake in Singapore-based conglomerate F&N.
However, since TCC's first offer, Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise has tabled a rival SGD9.08 per share offer – totalling SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) for F&N.
If the OUE bid is successful, Kirin Holdings has also agreed to acquire F&N's food and beverage business for SGD2.7bn.
Heineken, meanwhile, has escaped the impact of the latest bidding war after last week confirming it has completed its acquisition of F&N's stake in Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries, thereby boosting its footprint in the region's emerging markets.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
Alcoholic Drinks in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits