Update - THAI/FRANCE: ThaiBev silent on Marie Brizard interest
Belvedere to sell Marie Brizard
Thai Public Beverage Co (ThaiBev) has declined to comment on reports that it has shown interest in Belvedere's Marie Brizard drinks unit.
ThaiBev is one of four front-runners to acquire Marie Brizard, according to French business newspaper Les Echos.
Belvedere, producer of Sobieski vodka, has been forced to put Marie Brizard up for sale in order to repay debt and relaunch itself from bankruptcy protection in France.
A spokesperson for ThaiBev did not deny the firm's interest when contacted by just-drinks today (3 March).
"ThaiBev is unable to comment on this at the moment and should there be any development with regards to this issue, ThaiBev will make the announcement at the appropriate time," said the Singapore-listed group, which last week reported flat profits in 2009.
ThaiBev brews Chang beer.
Moët Hennessy has launched a bar tender-targeted competition to choose a global brand ambassador for its Belvedere vodka brand....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report