ASIA: ThaiBev confirms talks over Fraser and Neave stake buy
ThaiBev, owner of the Chang brand, is in talks to acquire a stake in Fraser & Neave
ThaiBev, sister company of TCC Group, has confirmed it is in talks to acquire a stake in Fraser and Neave and its subsidiary, Asia Pacific Breweries.
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corps (OCBC) and Great Eastern Holdings' (GEH) announced to the Singapore stock exchange on Monday (16 July) that they have been "approached with an offer" to sell their combined stake in Fraser and Neave and Asia Pacific Breweries. The filing did not reveal the mystery bidder.
But today (18 July), ThaiBev's president & CEO, Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi, announced the company is "in discussions to explore the possibility of acquiring the shareholdings".
He added, however, that "no definitive binding agreement had yet been entered into".
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future