ASIA: ThaiBev confirms talks over Fraser and Neave stake buy
ThaiBev, owner of the Chang brand, is in talks to acquire a stake in Fraser & Neave
ThaiBev, sister company of TCC Group, has confirmed it is in talks to acquire a stake in Fraser and Neave and its subsidiary, Asia Pacific Breweries.
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corps (OCBC) and Great Eastern Holdings' (GEH) announced to the Singapore stock exchange on Monday (16 July) that they have been "approached with an offer" to sell their combined stake in Fraser and Neave and Asia Pacific Breweries. The filing did not reveal the mystery bidder.
But today (18 July), ThaiBev's president & CEO, Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi, announced the company is "in discussions to explore the possibility of acquiring the shareholdings".
He added, however, that "no definitive binding agreement had yet been entered into".
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends