UK: Thai Beverages buys Inver House Distillers
International Beverage Holdings, the international arm of brewing and distilling giant Thai Beverages, has bought Pacific Spirits UK, the owner of Scotch whisky producer Inver House Distillers.
InterBev, headquartered in Hong Kong, paid S$63.6m (US$40.8m) for Pacific Spirits UK and its Hong Kong-based distributor Best Spirits Company.
InterBev, which was set up in 2003 to promote Thai Beverages' international business, said the acquisitions were "an exciting new chapter" for the company.
"Our portfolio of brands is growing fast and has a reputation for quality and distinction. Our focus is now on working together to drive the business and its products at home and internationally," InterBev president Barrie Jackson said.
Founded in 1964, Inver House was the subject of a management buyout in 1988 and was sold in 2001 to Pacific Spirits UK for GBP58m (US$110.3m). The distiller produces whisky brands including Old Pulteney single malt. It saw sales rise 8% in 2005.
Best Spirits, set up in 1983, distributes a stable of brands including Thai Beverages' flagship beer Chang.
InterBev said that both the Inver House and Best Spirits operations would be "unchanged for company staff".
InterBev has hubs in Singapore, Cambodia, Malaysia, North America and the UK. In August it named John Lennon, the former president and CEO of US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries to head its office across the Atlantic.
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang Beer and Mekhong whisky, floated in Singapore in May after raising S$1.37bn in a public listing.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
The World Trade Organisation has agreed to an EU request to take a closer look at India's taxation of spirits and wines....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a lift in wine and spirits revenues for the first quarter of this year....
Davide Campari-Milano has trimmed the size of its board and issued dividend details....
The head of United Spirits, has called for the deregulation of the global whisky industry....
A leading Bacardi executive has called on the Scotch whisky industry to radically rethink its rules on the definitions of Scotch whisky, questioning whether the strict guidelines were hindering Scotch...
Burn Stewart Distillers and Distell Group have created a joint venture in Africa....
Inver House Distillers plans to launch a website for its Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch Whiskey....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends