SINGAPORE: Thai Beverage launches IPO
Thai Beverage has raised S$1.37bn (US$865.8m) from its initial listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
The Thai brewer and distiller said yesterday (24 May) that the IPO was priced at S$0.28, at the lower end of the indicative range. Asian stock markets have been hit in recent weeks by the prospect of interest rate hikes in the region.
Thai Beverage was "satisfied with the welcome given to the offering by investors," a company spokesman told Chinese newspaper Shanghai Daily.
The Singapore listing had prompted the head of the Thai stock market to quit after he failed to secure a listing for the Chang Beer brewer. Thai Beverage's plans for a domestic listing were scuppered by vocal opposition from Thailand's conservative Buddhist groups who feared the listing would encourage drinking, especially among younger drinkers.
Brewing and distilling giant Thai Beverage has posted rising profits for the third quarter of the year - but the jump has failed to arrest a fall in earnings for the year so far....
International Beverage Holdings, the international arm of brewing and distilling giant Thai Beverages, has bought Pacific Spirits UK, the owner of Scotch whisky producer Inver House Distillers....
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang beer and Mekhong whisky, is reportedly in talks to buy a local rival distiller....
International Beverage Holdings (InterBev) has appointed a president for its new regional US headquarters....
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang beer, has seen first-half profits fall 5% due to rising expenses and has warned of lower sales in the third quarter....
Chang Beer producer Thai Beverage expects to raise between US$750m and US$1 bn in its Singapore initial public offering, according to financial sources....
Thai Beverage yesterday (27 March) reported flat net profits for 2005, according to local press reports....
Thai Beverage has been given the go-ahead to list on the Singapore Exchange, according to local reports....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends