THAILAND: Thai Beverage in talks to buy rival - report
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang beer and Mekhong whisky, is reportedly in talks to buy a local rival distiller.
According to Dow Jones on Friday (15 September), the company said that it was in negotiations with the Wrangyer group of companies which makes the White Tiger brand of white spirits.
Thai Beverage listed in Singapore in May after raising S$1.37bn.
In August, Thai Beverage reported a 5% fall in first-half profits due to rising expenses and warned of lower sales in the third quarter.
The company posted net profit of THB5.1bn (US$136.7m), down from THB5.4bn a year earlier. Revenues rose 2% to THB46.7bn.
Thai Beverage warned of weak demand for beer during the rest of the year.
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
Brewing and distilling group Thai Beverage has seen profits fall 5% last year due to soaring raw material costs....
Scotch whisky group Inver House Distillers has relaunched its Balblair single malt into a "vintage-led" whisky....
Brewing and distilling giant Thai Beverage has posted rising profits for the third quarter of the year - but the jump has failed to arrest a fall in earnings for the year so far....
International Beverage Holdings, the international arm of brewing and distilling giant Thai Beverages, has bought Pacific Spirits UK, the owner of Scotch whisky producer Inver House Distillers....
International Beverage Holdings (InterBev) has appointed a president for its new regional US headquarters....
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang beer, has seen first-half profits fall 5% due to rising expenses and has warned of lower sales in the third quarter....
Thai Beverage has raised S$1.37bn (US$865.8m) from its initial listing on the Singapore Stock Exchange....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends