SINGAPORE: Thai Beverage float to raise up to US$1bn - report
Chang Beer producer Thai Beverage expects to raise between US$750m and US$1bn in its Singapore initial public offering, according to financial sources.
The long-delayed IPO will amount to about 20% of the Thai brewer and distiller. The sources said the price of the float was expected to be below SGD0.50 (US$0.32) a share.
"There is a large number of shares. They do not plan to consolidate the shares, so it will be a penny stock," a fund manager who attended the firm's pre-marketing presentation told Reuters today (28 April). The listing looks set for late May or early June.
The company, which has 60% of the Thai beer market, had initially considered listing in Thailand but moved to Singapore following anti-alcohol objections at home.
The need for a united front within the whisk(e)y industry on issues like responsible drinking is hitting home but, writes Chris Brook Carter, it is imperative that the industry works together on promo...
The first day at the inaugural World Whiskies Conference in Scotland confronted some of the major issues and problems facing the industry, in particular the threat of increased alcohol legislation aro...
The World Whiskies Conference, which began in Edinburgh today (21 April), has brought together not just members of the whisk(e)y industry but also representatives from the financial, brewing and tobac...
Diageo has insisted that the new mid-strength Guinness has "exceeded expectations" in the six weeks since its launch in Ireland....
The Japanese brewer, Sapporo Breweries Ltd., is to launch a new range of low-alcohol drinks in the autumn under the brand name, Fruit Sparking....
The Kenyan Government has performed a u-turn on banning alcohol and tobacco advertising, according to local reports....
Threats of alcohol nationalisation have been played down by the Russian Government....
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review