THAILAND: Thai Asia Pacific Brewery set for expansion
Thai Asia Pacific expects its sales to rise by around 20% this year, following a rise of between 20% and 30% last year. "We have seen a huge potential for the Thai beer market since demand for beer has been increasing every year," said executive director, Chai Chaiyawan.
The ambitious forecasts are being backed up by upgraded marketing support. Some Bht 600 million has been earmarked for marketing and advertising during 2002. Chaiyawan expects its share of Thailand's Bht50 billion beer market to rise from 6% to 7% with profits increasing by 15% to Bht300 million this year on projected sales of Bht5 billion.
The brewer is 35%-owned by Asia Pacific Brewery, a joint venture between Frazer & Neave and Heineken, but the largest shareholder is the Chaiyawan family with a 51% stake.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future