US: Texas defeated in wine shipment case
In another victory for US wine producers, a federal court has ruled that a Texan law banning direct shipments of wine to consumers by out-of-state wineries is unconstitutional. The ruling was issued on Thursday at US Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in New Orleans. It is the first time a federal appellate court has struck down a state wine-shipping ban and backed an injunction against enforcing it.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO