US: Texas defeated in wine shipment case
In another victory for US wine producers, a federal court has ruled that a Texan law banning direct shipments of wine to consumers by out-of-state wineries is unconstitutional. The ruling was issued on Thursday at US Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in New Orleans. It is the first time a federal appellate court has struck down a state wine-shipping ban and backed an injunction against enforcing it.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Monster gets the Better of Coca-Cola Co
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite