SWITZ: Tetra Pak to launch Brik Aseptic Edge carton
The Tetra Brik Aseptic 1000 Edge carton will launch in Spring 2012
Tetra Pak is to launch a revamped version of its beverage carton globally, which it claims improves functionality and has a "better environmental profile".
The Tetra Brik Aseptic 1000 Edge carton combines a "more convenient" 'LightCap 30' sloping screwcap with a more distinctive shape, the Swiss packaging giant said today (12 October). Tetra Pak said the 1 litre carton, which will launch in Spring 2012, will also reduce costs, given the minimal use of raw materials in producing the packaging.
The carton, which will be targeted at in-home use, will be available with High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) closures made from sugar cane, increasing renewable content of the package.
The packaging will be used for long shelf-life beverages including milks, juices, nectars, still drinks and wines without the need of preservatives.
The Tetra Brik Aseptic 1000 Edge will be expanded to include a range of package sizes later next year, the company said. A 50cl version will be available from 2013.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends