SWITZERLAND: Tetra Pak strengthens production with Miteco buy
Tetra Pak announced the deal today
Tetra Pak has acquired plant engineering company Miteco for an undisclosed fee.
The deal, unveiled today (4 February), gives Tetra Pak access to Miteco's beverage production technology, Tetra Pak said. Switzerland-based Miteco describes itself as a “provider of production solutions” for soft drinks, fruit juices and liquid food, with a “particular strength” in CSDs.
A spokesperson for Tetra Pak, also based in Switzerland, said the purchase “extends the company’s beverage production capabilities in a number of key areas, including sugar handling, dissolving, refining, mixing and blending beverage ingredients, providing an important complement to our existing portfolio of processing solutions”.
Last year, Tetra Pak cut the ribbon on a US$125m packaging factory in India that doubled its capacity in the country.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages