SINGAPORE: Tetra Pak completes US$54.2m factory upgrade
Tetra Pak expects demand in South and South-East Asia to double by 2020
Tetra Pak has completed a EUR42m (US$54.2m) upgrade of its Singapore operations that will boost production by a third.
The packaging company has also inaugurated a technology and innovation provider to coconut water beverage makers in the region, it said today (2 October). South and South-East Asia accounts for 75% of global coconut water output, with Tetra Pak volumes in the region increasing by an average 26% per year since 2007, the company said.
The plant upgrade includes a new printer installation and laminator for Tetra Pak's packaging material factory. The additional capacity will allow the plant to produce packages with closures requiring pre-laminated holes, Tetra Pak noted.
“Demand for food processing and packaging solutions in this region has been on the rise, and looks set to continue to climb over the next decade,” said Rusty Kekuewa, Tetra Pak VP for South and South-East Asia, adding that demand for Tetra Pak packages in the region is forecast to nearly double between 2012 and 2020.
Kekuewa also said the coconut water centre will help the producers in the region expand sales abroad, particularly in the US.
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends