UK: Tetley's Bitter - The Rugby Beer
The Saints had at one stage been fighting for all three trophies, but had seen their form dip of late. The Tetley's Bitter Cup Final gave them the chance to end their 120 year wait for a trophy, but the game saw Lawrence Dallaglio's London Wasps retain the trophy and take their place in European competition for next season.
However, the Tetley's backed Saints narrowly beat Irish side Munster to claim the European Cup and complete a remarkable season for their sponsors, Tetley's Bitter.
Tetley's Bitter are official beer suppliers to Allied Dunbar Premiership Champions Leicester Tigers and also to Rotherham, who on Sunday won the right to play in England's elite division next season.
In Wales, Tetley's association with Llanelli paid dividends, as the Welsh side stormed to the semi-finals of the European Cup and won the Welsh National Cup.
Further down the ladder, two Tetley's clubs triumphed in the junior competitions; Dunstablians taking the NPI Cup and Sheffield Tigers the Tetley's Bitter Vase, thus further demonstrating Tetley's commitment to Rugby at all levels.
At international level, England were thwarted in their attempts to win the Grand Slam, but claimed the first ever Six Nations championship. Tetley's Bitter is proud to be the Official Beer of the England Team and the Official Beer of Twickenham, the home of English Rugby.
This unparalleled success for Tetley's supported clubs across rugby union at all levels, once again demonstrates the brands commitment to the sport and positions the brand as the beer of rugby.
In addition to this, the latest research figures show that one in three people questioned recognised Tetley's Bitter as a major sponsor of Rugby Union.
Companies: Allied Domecq
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends