UK: Tetley's Bitter - The Rugby Beer
Northampton Saints victory in Saturday's European Cup Final rounded off a fantastic season for Tetley's supported clubs in domestic and international rugby union.The Saints had at one stage been fighting for all three trophies, but had seen their form dip of late. The Tetley's Bitter Cup Final gave them the chance to end their 120 year wait for a trophy, but the game saw Lawrence Dallaglio's London Wasps retain the trophy and take their place in European competition for next season.However, the Tetley's backed Saints narrowly beat Irish side Munster to claim the European Cup and complete a remarkable season for their sponsors, Tetley's Bitter.Tetley's Bitter are official beer suppliers to Allied Dunbar Premiership Champions Leicester Tigers and also to Rotherham, who on Sunday won the right to play in England's elite division next season.In Wales, Tetley's association with Llanelli paid dividends, as the Welsh side stormed to the semi-finals of the European Cup and won the Welsh National Cup.Further down the ladder, two Tetley's clubs triumphed in the junior competitions; Dunstablians taking the NPI Cup and Sheffield Tigers the Tetley's Bitter Vase, thus further demonstrating Tetley's commitment to Rugby at all levels.At international level, England were thwarted in their attempts to win the Grand Slam, but claimed the first ever Six Nations championship. Tetley's Bitter is proud to be the Official Beer of the England Team and the Official Beer of Twickenham, the home of English Rugby.This unparalleled success for Tetley's supported clubs across rugby union at all levels, once again demonstrates the brands commitment to the sport and positions the brand as the beer of rugby.In addition to this, the latest research figures show that one in three people questioned recognised Tetley's Bitter as a major sponsor of Rugby Union.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research