UK: Tetley's Bitter - European Champions
Northampton Saints' victory in Saturday's European Cup Final was a deserved victory for a side that had at one stage threatened to scoop all three domestic trophies.The victory also saw further success for club sponsors, Tetley's Bitter, whose on-shirt presence and involvement at all levels of the game, reinforced the brands position as the only beer in rugby.Tetley's sponsorship of the Northampton shirt paid dividends at the Twickenham Final, with some 20,000 fans sporting the shirt in the stands. In national press match reports, equivalent media rates for logos on the players shirts was valued at some £100,000.On television, some 3m viewers are estimated to have seen the logo on shirt for a total of 103 seconds on BBC's Grandstand.Tetley's position as Official Beer of Twickenham allowed presence at the ground and some 5,000 pints of Tetley's Bitter were drunk.The victory rounded off a fantastic season, not just for the Saints, who had seen challenges in the league and Tetley's Bitter Cup falter of late, but also for Tetley's, who are official beer supplier to league champions Leicester Tigers, Premiership newcomers Rotherham and Welsh Cup winners, Llanelli. This is all in addition to agreements with numerous other clubs and the England Rugby Union Team, winners of the inaugural Six Nations Championship.In addition to this, the latest research figures show that one in three people questioned recognised Tetley's Bitter as a major sponsor of Rugby Union.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends