UK: TESCO, First To Take The "Absinthe Experience"
Absinthe, much maligned in the past, now has the fastest growing popularity of any specialised spirit in the UK.
Once history's most notorious liquor, equally accredited with influencing both madman and genius, its reputation is founded on the wormwood-fuelled inspiration of many "creatives" such as Oscar Wilde, Baudelaire, van Gogh, Manet, Toulouse Lautrec and Picasso as well as fuelling the murderess intentions of Lanfray, who perpetrated the infamous "Absinthe Murder" of 1905. Indeed even the genius element was prone to erratic behaviour, as it is said that van Gogh loped off his ear whilst under the influence of Absinthe.
Today's Absinth by Sebor, is a refined and distinctive drink, and still includes the authentic ingredient wormwood, the herb that creates the chemical "thujone" which is attributed to giving the "Absinthe experience" to its luminaries all those years ago.
Absinthe carries a lot of favour with the young style conscious, as well as the well heeled, who would have enjoyed their youth in the 60's.The Absinthe market's premier brand "Sebor Absinth" (without the "e" as spelt in the country of origin) is taking the spirit market by storm, Sebor's M.D. Simon O'Neill says, " I don't believe that we could have this much success with any other product, I think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we have seized, and it has turned into a roller-coaster ride to success."
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018