USA: Terra Spase Announces Exclusive Partnership to Provide Online Weather and Vineyard Disease Risk Forecasts From Fox Weather, LLC
Terra Spase already provides near real-time weather and disease risk data and maps at www.Terraspase.com. This agreement will add new weather products from Fox Weather to Terra Spase's web site, including:
Satellite rain forecasts of offshore weather systems;
- 10-day agricultural weather forecast for Napa and Sonoma
- Counties, including high/low temperatures, precipitation, and evapotranspiration and trends;
- 30-day weather outlook for coastal areas of Northern California;
- Disease risk forecasts for botrytis and powdery mildew;
- Quantitative precipitation forecast, providing probability of expected rainfall every 3 hours for 24-hour periods.
"This additional data from the industry's leader allows Terra Spase to provide the most comprehensive online weather service for Northern California's wine industry," said Paul W. Skinner, Ph.D., president of Terra Spase.
Among other topics and speakers at the Terra Spase seminar, Skinner and Alan Fox, director, Fox Weather, LLC, will present the new service on August 30, 8:30-12:00, Embassy Suites. Other speakers include Doug Gubler, U.C. Davis, and Carla Thomas, FieldWise, Inc. For more information on the seminar call 707/967-8325.
Founded in 1994 by Paul W. Skinner, Ph.D., Terra Spase develops and applies the latest technologies to help grape growers and winemakers maximize fruit and wine quality. Based in St. Helena, California, the company integrates years of vineyard consulting experience with GIS, GPS, aerial multi-spectral imagery, historical and real-time weather data, soil and terroir analysis, and proprietary software for analysis and forecasting. "(Terra Spase)...is revolutionizing the growing of grapevines and the making of wine." Los Angeles Times, June 1998.
Continuing our 2005 harvest report series, we turn our attention to the wine regions of northern France. Giles Fallowfield reviews this year's crop in Champagne, while Lyn Parry takes a look at the 20...
Beginning just-drinks' annual round-up of harvest reports from European and North American wine regions, Chris Losh reports on this year's vintage in Spain and Portugal....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends