US/UK: Terlato Wines signs deal with Adelphi Distillery
Terlato will release "limited" stocks of the whiskies four times a year
Teralto Wines has agreed a “long-term” deal to import and handle Scotch whisky bottler Adelphi Distillery’s high-end brands in the US.
The "exclusive" agreement, announced yesterday (February 5), will see Terlato release “limited quantities” of the single-malt whiskies four times a year in the country. The first release will include:
- Highland Park, 14 Years Old - SRP US$170
- Adelphi Selection: Bunnahabhain, 21 Years Old - SRP $220
- Adelphi Selection: Glen Grant, 23 Years Old - SRP $285
- Adelphi Selection: Bennriach, 32 Years Old - SRP $475
William Terlato, CEO of the Illinois-based group, said he believed the whiskies would “capture connoisseurs' attention in the growing super-premium Scotch whisky category”.
Adelphi, based in Ardnamurchan, Argyll, in the Scottish Highlands sources and bottles "super-premium" single-malt, single-cask whiskies from distilleries across Scotland. The company, which has a "nosing team" charied by Charles Maclean, selects each whisky based on the "unique characteristics coming from individual casks".
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview