US: Terlato Wines launches 'artisan' spirits portfolio
Terlato Wines has agreed “long-term” deals to distribute Langley’s No.8 gin and Tigre Blanc vodka in the US as part of a launch of an “artisan” spirits unit.
Langley’s No.8, a “super premium” London dry gin, produced by the Langley Distillery in Birmingham, will be available in the US from “early 2014”, Illinios-headquartered Terlato said yesterday (27 August). Tigre Blanc, a “super-premium” vodka produced in the Cognac region from 100% French wheat, is also joining Terlato’s US portfolio.
“The spirits business is evolving," said Terlato’s CEO, William Terlato. "It's starting to look a lot like the wine business, with mixologists, craft bartenders and consumers embracing a new category of small-production, hand-crafted, super-premium brands.”
Terlato said its artisan spirits portfolio will include “hand-crafter premium spirits” from around the world, including gin, vodka, Scotch, Cognac, Tequila and rum. The portfolio will have its own “dedicated” sales and marketing team.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends