Terlato Wines adds 25cl cans to Seven Daughters range
Terlato said cans are the fastest-growing packaging category for wine in the US
Terlato Wines has launched two of its Seven Daughters range in 25cl cans, joining an industry trend for single-serve formats.
The Illinois winemaker said today the pop-top cans were a "major growth opportunity" for the female-focused Seven Daughters brand. "This is exactly what consumers want today for casual portable outings such as picnics, pool parties, patio gatherings and more," said Terlato CEO Bill Terlato.
Two varieties of Seven Daughters will be available in the US in four-packs of 25cl cans: Moscato Veneto from Italy and Pinot Noir from California. They will retail for US$14.99 per four-pack. Terlato said the cans are specially lined to "preserve varietal character and consistency".
According to the company, cans are the fastest-growing packaging category for wine in the US - up 270% over the past year.
In May, E&J Gallo announced the national launch of its Barefoot Refresh Spritzers in cans after a successful trial.
Slim cans continue to be an increasingly popular format for all drinks categories - both Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois and Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Dr Pepper brand have recently been made available in slim cans.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts