US: Terlato makes executive appointment
Terlato Wines International has appointed David Lane as chief operating officer.
Previously chief marketing officer for the US winemaker, Lane replaces Tom Steffanci, who will leave Terlato to create his own wine brand in California.
Lane began his career in the wine industry in 1991 at E&J Gallo Winery, where he served as fine wine Sales manager for Southeast US and on-premise division manager for Florida. He then moved his focus to marketing in 1999.
"David has made outstanding contributions to the company since he joined us in 2005," said CEO Bill Terlato.
"We now have a better understanding of the luxury wine consumer's needs, which has translated into stronger advertising executions and partnerships, greatly enhanced brand awareness, along with stronger brand programming and excellent package development."
Pernod Ricard UK has said that it has no plans to follow wine giants Constellation and E&J Gallo in cutting jobs in the UK....
UK wine merchant Paragon Vintners is to cease trading after struggling to cope with the effects of the economic downturn....
Spanish wine producer Torres has become the latest large wine firm to pull out of this year's Vinexpo wine show, due to the effects of the economic downturn on its suppliers....
US wine exports rose by 6% in value last year to pass the $1bn mark for the first time, new figures show....
The UK alcoholic drinks sector is braced for up to 80,000 job cuts and falling sales over the next four years, a new report has warned, as industry leaders ratchet up the pressure on the government's ...
A cocktail of higher taxes and recession is damaging wine sector growth in the UK and is threatening more job losses across the industry, figures from the Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) show....
A Christmas surge helped E&J Gallo's UK grow its core wine portfolio by 0.4% in volume and 2.4% in value last year, but pressure is growing from tax rises and recession....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages