US: Terlato launches Luke Donald collection
Terlato Wines has announced the introduction of a new California wine in partnership with professional golfer Luke Donald.
The new brand, named Luke Donald Collection, includes a claret-style red wine blend from Napa Valley, set for release in the US this month, and a Chardonnay to be launched in March next year.
Owner Bill Terlato and Luke Donald, who created a friendship based on golf, began creating the new wines with the help of the company's winemaking team in Napa.
"We considered the possibility of making a wine together several years back," said Terlato. "Luke was always interested in fine wine and food, and expressed his interest in learning more about the winemaking process."
The result is a 2005 Napa Valley Claret-style wine, produced using the traditional Bordeaux grapes of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc and petit verdot.
The suggested retail price is US$40. A Luke Donald Collection Chardonnay from Carneros is scheduled to be released in spring 2009.
This month, Terlato announced a long-term marketing agreement with Mischief and Mayhem, adding the Burgundy producer to Terlato's portfolio in the US.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp