US: Terlato launches Luke Donald collection
Terlato Wines has announced the introduction of a new California wine in partnership with professional golfer Luke Donald.
The new brand, named Luke Donald Collection, includes a claret-style red wine blend from Napa Valley, set for release in the US this month, and a Chardonnay to be launched in March next year.
Owner Bill Terlato and Luke Donald, who created a friendship based on golf, began creating the new wines with the help of the company's winemaking team in Napa.
"We considered the possibility of making a wine together several years back," said Terlato. "Luke was always interested in fine wine and food, and expressed his interest in learning more about the winemaking process."
The result is a 2005 Napa Valley Claret-style wine, produced using the traditional Bordeaux grapes of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc and petit verdot.
The suggested retail price is US$40. A Luke Donald Collection Chardonnay from Carneros is scheduled to be released in spring 2009.
This month, Terlato announced a long-term marketing agreement with Mischief and Mayhem, adding the Burgundy producer to Terlato's portfolio in the US.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends