US: Terlato creates luxury spirits unit for US
Terlato Wines International (TWI) has created a luxury spirits division in conjunction with its partnership with Swiss distillery DIWISA, to market spirits across the US.
The family-owned company said yesterday (22 January) that the division, named Paterno Imports, will add the distillery's red-glass bottled vodka brand Xellent to its portfolio. The line-up will also include Italian brands Nonino Grappa and the coffee, chocolate and vanilla flavoured liqueur Tiramisu, the company said.
Terlato's president and CEO, William Terlato, said: "A luxury spirits division is a natural next step in the evolution of our growing company. We have the marketing and sales expertise in place and Xellent Swiss Vodka is the ideal brand to anchor the launch of this new division."
Xellent will begin its launch across the US next month, bleeding out to selected markets first with event marketing and advertising, said Terlato.
DIWISA president Andrea Affentranger added: "We are thrilled to partner with the Terlato family and Paterno Imports to market and expand our Xellent Swiss Vodka brand in the US."
Terlato is the flagship company of the Terlato Wine Group, the parent company of several independent businesses specialising in the marketing and production of wines.
The Asia Pacific region is home to some of the world's largest spirits producers though many of them are focused predominantly on their domestic markets. Others, however, are expanding their internati...
Pernod Ricard has been set a selection of hoops to jump through ahead of the closure of its acquisition of Vin & Sprit....
Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) has introduced the German vodka brand Wodka Gorbatschow to the Indian market....
Anglo Drinks is unveiling four pre-mixed alcoholic drinks, under the brand name Crystal Camel....
Maxxium UK is launching an Absolut Vodka summer gift pack for the UK market....
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are a peanut rum and a tomato-flavoured vodka, according to recent research....
Radico Khaitan has added to its vodka portfolio in India, according to local reports....
The Stolichnaya brand has been extended to include a blackberry flavour. Stoli Blakberi was launched in May in the US market....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends