US: Terlato brings Bodegas Olvena to the US
The international arm of Terlato Family Vineyards has teamed up with Spanish winery Bodegas Olvena in the US.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (27 September) that they have signed an exclusive, long-term "evergreen" marketing agreement to promote the Spanish company's wines in the country. Terlato Wines International will import Olvena's Crianza, Hache, Coupage, Cuatro 4 and Chardonnay wines into the US.
"We are thrilled to add Olvena with its remarkable collection of critically acclaimed wines from Spain's most exciting emerging region, to our luxury portfolio," said William Terlato, president and CEO of Terlato Wines International. "Our company has a history of anticipating and shaping luxury wine trends, and we were looking for a distinctive, terroir-driven wine and found Olvena is making just that in Somontano."
David Robinson, export director of Olvena , added: "We are truly excited to have our wines represented by Terlato in the US. We share a similar philosophy for family-ownership and quality-winemaking and look forward to a long partnership."
Terlato said that it will "participate in the equity it builds in the brand", although no further specific details were disclosed.
Bodegas Olvena is owned by the Abbad family and has 210 hectares of vineyards in the Somontano region of Spain, 80 kilometres from the French border.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future