US: Tequilera La Gonzalena gives Chinaco Tequila pack upgrade
Chinaco has been available in the US for 31 years
Tequilera La Gonzalena has lined up a revamp of the packaging for its Chinaco Tequila brand.
The update, announced by the company's US importer, Anchor Distilling Co, will apply across the full Chinaco range, which comprises a Blanco, a Reposado and an Anejo. The bottle and label have both been redesigned.
“Here at Anchor we have witnessed the proliferation of Tequila brands and the resulting pressure on both the back bar and retail shelf,” said David King, president of Anchor Distilling. “This new presentation of Chinaco harks back to the classic packaging of the brand’s early days in the United States where it was the first super premium expression of 100% agave Tequila.
“In addition to giving the brand a feeling of quality and heritage it takes up significantly less space on the shelf, which we hope will help our partners in both the on- and off-trade.”
Alan Kropf, Anchor Distilling's education director, added: “The new packaging aims to capture an aesthetic reminiscent of single malt whisky.”
Chinaco was launched in the US in 1983 and retails at between US$29.99 and $68.99 per unit.
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compil...
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages