MEXICO: Tequila exports looking good for 2006
Mexico's tequila producers have enjoyed a strong start to the year, according to recent figures.
The CRT regulatory body said yesterday (14 June) that the country shipped 59m litres of tequila to over 100 countries in the first five months of 2006. The figure represents an increase on the corresponding period a year earlier of 22.4%.
Of this total, the agency noted that 37.9m litres were shipped in bottles, with the remaining 21.1m litres being sold in bulk.
The CRT also said that 5% less blue agave cactus has been used in the period than was used in the same five months in 2005.
The US Tequila category continues to show strong growth, while the premium Tequila sector is booming, making it a highly attractive investment opportunity for major spirits companies. Dean Best report...
The Patrón Spirits Company has struck another distribution deal in Asia with an agreement covering the South Korean market....
Fortune Brands, the parent company of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has reshuffled some of its top management, creating the position of president and COO....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has launched a line extension to its Full Throttle energy drink brand called Full Throttle Blue Demon....
Poland's leading vodka producer Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits more than double during the third quarter....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends