UK: Tennent Caledonian inks Scottish rugby deal
Caledonia Best will be poured at Scotland's main rugby stadiums
Tennent Caledonian Breweries has lined up its Caledonia Best ale as the official beer of Scottish rugby.
The three-year deal covers the national team as well as professional teams Edinburgh Rugby, Glasgow Warriors and the Emirates Airline Glasgow 7s, Tennent Caledonian said yesterday (12 December). The brand will also have pouring rights at national stadium Murrayfield and Scotstoun stadium.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Paul Condron, Tennent Caledonian's marketing director, said Scottish rugby is a perfect fit for Caledonia Best. “We want to be at the heart of the Scottish rugby match-day experience,” Condron said.
Tennent Caledonian’s other flagship brands Tennent’s Lager, Tennent’s Original Export and Magners Golden Draught, will also be poured at Murrayfield and Scotstoun.
In October, Diageo CEO Paul Walsh branded a proposal to ban sports sponsorship in Ireland “ridiculous”. Guinness has a long-standing association with Irish rugby.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends