UK: Tennent Caledonian applies wholesale price freeze
Caledonia Best's wholesale price will be frozen throughout this year
Tennent Caledonian has frozen wholesale prices on three of its leading brands to help boost Scotland's flagging on-trade, the company said today (8 February).
The freeze covers Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Magners Golden Draught until the end of the year, the Glasgow-based company said. “We recognise that these are tough times for Scotland's free on-trade and we will continue to support and invest where we can,” Tennent Caledonian MD John Gilligan said.
The freeze was welcomed by a member of the Scottish on-trade industry. “A move like this one from Tennent's is rare in our business,” said Mark Horner, owner of Legends bar in East Kilbride.
A report in November claimed alcohol sales in Scotland dropped by 4% in 2011, with on-trade sales between 1994 and 2011 falling by 30%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat