UK: Tennent Caledonian applies wholesale price freeze
Caledonia Best's wholesale price will be frozen throughout this year
Tennent Caledonian has frozen wholesale prices on three of its leading brands to help boost Scotland's flagging on-trade, the company said today (8 February).
The freeze covers Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Magners Golden Draught until the end of the year, the Glasgow-based company said. “We recognise that these are tough times for Scotland's free on-trade and we will continue to support and invest where we can,” Tennent Caledonian MD John Gilligan said.
The freeze was welcomed by a member of the Scottish on-trade industry. “A move like this one from Tennent's is rare in our business,” said Mark Horner, owner of Legends bar in East Kilbride.
A report in November claimed alcohol sales in Scotland dropped by 4% in 2011, with on-trade sales between 1994 and 2011 falling by 30%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Remy signs new three-year Russia deal with Roust
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report