UK: Tennent Caledonian applies wholesale price freeze
Caledonia Best's wholesale price will be frozen throughout this year
Tennent Caledonian has frozen wholesale prices on three of its leading brands to help boost Scotland's flagging on-trade, the company said today (8 February).
The freeze covers Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Magners Golden Draught until the end of the year, the Glasgow-based company said. “We recognise that these are tough times for Scotland's free on-trade and we will continue to support and invest where we can,” Tennent Caledonian MD John Gilligan said.
The freeze was welcomed by a member of the Scottish on-trade industry. “A move like this one from Tennent's is rare in our business,” said Mark Horner, owner of Legends bar in East Kilbride.
A report in November claimed alcohol sales in Scotland dropped by 4% in 2011, with on-trade sales between 1994 and 2011 falling by 30%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report