UK: Tennent Caledonian applies wholesale price freeze
Caledonia Best's wholesale price will be frozen throughout this year
Tennent Caledonian has frozen wholesale prices on three of its leading brands to help boost Scotland's flagging on-trade, the company said today (8 February).
The freeze covers Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Magners Golden Draught until the end of the year, the Glasgow-based company said. “We recognise that these are tough times for Scotland's free on-trade and we will continue to support and invest where we can,” Tennent Caledonian MD John Gilligan said.
The freeze was welcomed by a member of the Scottish on-trade industry. “A move like this one from Tennent's is rare in our business,” said Mark Horner, owner of Legends bar in East Kilbride.
A report in November claimed alcohol sales in Scotland dropped by 4% in 2011, with on-trade sales between 1994 and 2011 falling by 30%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future