ITALY: Tenimenti Ruffino acquires in northeast Italy
Tenimenti Ruffino, the Tuscan winery, has made a major investment in northeastern Italy, breaking it says "traditions dating back to 1877". The company has acquired Borgo Conventi, an estate located in Friuli for US$8.5m.
Adolfo Folonari, company export director said: "We have decided to invest in Friuli because its terroir is one of the best in Italy for the production of white wines."
Borgo Conventi, created in 1975 by Gianni Vescovo, is an estate with 42 hectares of vineyards, located in the DOC areas of Collio and Isonzo. The estate has a modern fermentation facility and an underground aging cellar. And, in regards to production, Borgo Conventi averages approximately 450,000 bottles per annum.
Its flagship wines are Braida Nuova (a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot) and Colle Russian (an oak-aged Chardonnay). The estate also produces premium wines from the DOC and IGT areas, such as Borgo Conventi Collio DOC single-estate wines, I Fiori del Borgo Isonzo DOC wines and Lumina del Borgo Venezia Giulia IGT wines.
In a statement the company said: "Expanding Tenimenti Ruffino's scope into northern Italy will prove to be an exciting challenge ahead. Borgo Conventi is the perfect opportunity for Tenimenti Ruffino to extend its philosophy of utilizing the necessary combination of dedication, tradition and terroir to produce the finest wines of Italy."
Companies: Indicazione Geografica Tipica
The Port industry is currently facing a period of considerable change and adjustment. Innovation and evolving a modern, viable industry structure are seen as vital if Port is to compete effectively in...
A US Department of Commerce (DOC) ruling is levying hefty retaliatory tariffs on several Brazilian juice companies....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends