POLAND: Tender for Wyborowa distillery starts today
Bids for at least 51% of the Polmos Poznan distillery, maker of the international Wyborowa brand, have begun today, according to the Polish Treasury. Bidders will be shortlisted by 22 September."The number of bidders allowed to carry due diligence will depend on the quality of the initial bids," said a Treasury official. After binding offers are submitted the ministry will grant exclusive negotiating rights to one or more of the bidders.Among those expected to submit bids are Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and a joint bid from Eckes and Swedish monopoly Vin&Sprit.The bidding has commenced while international rights for the Wyborowa brand are still in dispute, making the distilleries value hard to judge. Originally held by Agros, which is controlled by French company Pernod Ricard, the international rights were confiscated by the State with the view to giving them back to Polmos Poznan.Worries that this was illegal and would deter other foreign investors in Poland prompted the Polish President to intervene. He ruled that the issue warranted further investigation and the dispute now lies with Poland's Constitutional Court.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014