UK: Templeman to lead Bulmer out of trouble
The troubled UK cider producer HP Bulmer has confirmed the reports that Miles Templeman, formerly the head of Whitbread Beer Company, before it was acquired by Interbrew, has been charged with leading the company out of its current crisis.
The appointment of Templeman to the CEO position has been well received in the industry, as he is a well respected figure and comes with a strong background in brand building The 55-year-old is credited with much of the success Stella Artois has achieved in the UK market.
Templeman said he was "delighted" to be joining the group, adding: "I have done a great deal to reassure myself that the company is basically in good shape, although it did get drawn into a lot of things that cost it a lot of money."
Bulmer has suffered a terrible few months, seeing its shareprice plummet from 429p to as low as 73p this year, while issuing a string of profit warnings and losing both its CEO and financial director.
However, Templeman's appointment has returned some confidence to the city, with one analyst saying that his acceptance of the position must meant Bulmer's problems are solvable.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts